23rd Annual Americana World Festival June 1st
The globe has done a full rotation around the sun and it is once again time for Louisville to meet the world at the 23rd Annual Americana World Festival. This is a fun for all ages free event on June 1st starting at 11:00 a.m. and ending at 9:00 p.m. at the Iroquois Amphitheater at 1080 Amphitheater Road.
Each year the Louisville Metro community collaborates to celebrate the cultural and ethnic diversity within our city with food, drink, arts and entertainment. The 2013 World Festival will offer visitors a variety of sweet, spicy and tangy foods from other cultures along with traditional American fare. There will be venders offering cultural wares, many of which will be handcrafted. The little ones won’t get bored as there is a special kid’s play area just for them.
The World Festival will be overflowing with music this year. Performances will be rotating between 2 separate stages, the renowned Iroquois Amphitheater and the Hilltop Stage. There will be no moment without music as in between there will be DJ’s to keep the rhythm flowing.
The 23rd Annual Americana World Festival on June 1st is a once a year event you won’t want to miss. If you like good food, a variety of music and interesting art, the Iroquois Amphitheater will be the place your family wants to be. This free event offers a full day of continuous entertainment.
The performance schedule is listed below for convenience.
Amphitheater stage schedule:
- 12:00pm The Monarchs (Rock n Roll)
- 1:00pm 100% Legal (Classic Rock)
- 2:00pm Maurice Moro (Sudanese Likembe)
- 3:00pm Afrophysicists (Afrobeat)
- 4:00pm Spiff Wiegand (One Man Band)
- 5:00pm Appalatin (Latin Infused Roots)
- 6:00pm Patikele (West African Percussion)
- 7:00pm CPHR DVN (Hip-Hop)
- 8:00pm 6 Mile Sound (Rock n Roll)
Hilltop stage schedule:
- 11:00am KAIRC (American Indian)
- 11:30am Long Thanh Nguyen (Vietnamese Strings)
- 12:00pm Bhutan/Nepal Dance
- 12:30pm Burundi Drummers
- 1:00pm MC Julias (Hip-Hop)
- 2:00pm Arcoiris Latino (Latin Dance)
- 2:30pm Alexander Sings (Folk)
- 3:15pm RMLL w/ 2LLZ (Hip-Hop)
- 4:00pm Roc Kelly (Hip-Hop)
- 6:30pm Cala Elaine (Soul/Blues)
- Sir Basil Outernational (Reggae & Dub)
- Yared Sound (Global Bass)
- Soundtrakno (Electro & Dub)
To learn about other fun things to do in the area, please visit JoeHaydenRealtor.com.