Visit the Louisville Zoo for Winter Family Fun
The Louisville Zoo at 1100 Trevilian Way is open daily all year 'round with animal exhibits offering great winter entertainment for adults and children alike. In order to encourage visitors, the Zoo has added a few new features like their 4D Theater, the Wallaroo Walkabout and award-winning Island exhibits. Both exhibits are available with the standard Zoo admission of $14.95 per adult and $10.50 per child or senior, however the theater is an additional $3.50 charge.
The grounds are currently open to visitors from 10 a.m. till 4 p.m. daily and the animal interaction schedule is as follows:
- Bear Training Demonstrations at Glacier Run - 11:15 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Giraffe Feeding - 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Gorilla Program - 2:30 p.m.
- HerpAquarium Program - 11 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Islands Program – 10:15 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Meerkat Enrichment - 3 p.m.
- Seal & Sea Lions Training Demonstrations at Glacier Run – 10:30 a.m., 2 p.m. and 3:45 p.m.
- Pygmy Hippo Program - 11:30 a.m.
- Tiger Training at Etscorn Tiger Tundra - 11:45 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
The Louisville Zoo at strives to provide a unique and entertaining experience for families while maintaining a safe and happy environment for the animal inhabitants. Professional caretakers at the Zoo not only help provide traditional family fun, but they also raise educational awareness about endangered species and environmental protection.
To learn about other fun things to do in the area, please visit JoeHaydenRealtor.com.